Monday, August 29

those magic changes




(props for those of you who now have the grease song in their head... eeheheh)



i feel like i am a beam bouncing out of my own side of the prism, a speck suspended in my own shaft of light. so much has happened since i last spoke. i turned 16! i was frightened to but now that i am i sure don't feel old.

i woke up on the 5th to pools of sunshine and cupcakes for breakfast. my family always seem to spoil me! i always feel a little guilty. a beautiful dress or two, a sequined silver quilt, a beautiful barcelona notebook to keep my spanish memories in, tickets to see dylan moran!! i was so excited. he is perfect. and most specially, in a little powder blue gilded box...






i don't think i've ever seen anything more dainty and perfect in my life. a little queen of hearts teacup and saucer. perfect for tumbling down the rabbit hole with. would there be any more fitting cup to sip from with the mad hatter?








my sweet aunty, uncle and cousins gave me two little vintage teacups and a huge wicker basket full of different types of tea! i hadn't even heard of a lot! now when i come home after a brambly day i know i can sit down with a book and a cup of russian caravan. hmm italian almond anyone? lady grey? rose and french vanilla is just as delicious as it sounds! my grandmother gave me two beautiful novels and a framed picture of me in the musical, which i will tell you about in my next post. i have finished one of the novels already. extremely loud and incredibly close. it made me cry, but it was so wonderful.




apart from that i have been working for school, buying pretty floral tops, practising my french, helping with surprise birthday parties for friends. i have been invited to a costume party but no one can decide on a theme yet. i'd love to go to a spooky/halloween-themed one! i would go as odette/odile. don't tell me black swan didn't scare you, at least a little! (even swan lake the ballet scares me, so i had no hope!)







i will write again en vitesse



grace x









2 comments:

  1. happy birthday, grace. your gifts look wonderful; the teacup is utterly perfect. what was the second novel? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful and dainty xx
    http://www.jessamynread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

flowers