Friday, December 10

the apple and the owl

hello hello hello new sweetpeas and old. this is a new thing for me... some of you maybe perhaps know me from ghostbirds, my first blog.



if you don't, hello again! my name is grace, and this is my new little diary. if you do follow ghostbirds, please rest assured that i am not abandoning the blog! i would never ever, i just wanted to try something new... i've been thinking lately that i'd like a place to document my thoughts and my days... a place to use as a sort of travel journal too. ghostbirds is really to me a sort of collective daydream of mine, a place where patches of all the stories in my head are sewn together like a quilt. this place here will be mostly about me.

so new blog... bit exciting dears!

so i might begin by explaining the name of this blog, yes? welllll, see, we put up our christmas tree a bit ago. we have these tiny little apple ornaments that we put up, i think they're my favorites... or one of them at least. anyway, earlier this year i bought this precious little owl to put on the tree... he's there now, tucked away in a little nook among the branches, behind one of the apples. when father saw it he said the thought 'the apple and the owl' would be a good name for a fable or a fairy tale... and i do love fairy tales.

so please do stick around dears! i will most likely write in this a lot lot lot more often than i write in ghostbirds... sadly inspiration for stories doesn't always rain on me put i'm full of funny little thoughts! so stay awhile and have a cup of tea... or three, if you're anything like me!

xx

6 comments:

  1. I'm so exited for your new blog! Following, of course :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your new blog is just as lovely. :) I did the same thing too, actually - for the same reasons. Stories don't just happen, so in the meantime I opted for something more day-to-day. Anyway, I look forward to seeing more of your posts. Following, dear. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited and can't wait to read your words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with this one, i await the next update eagerly!

    ReplyDelete

flowers