Wednesday, December 22

with holly berries and carols


an unseasonable cold snap (or two)...
shh it means the clouds know it's christmas
and they decided to give us a tiny taste of winter
(because you know you can't really feel christmassy unless you're a little chilly
just a little
or at least i can't
not completely, anyway (good thing i have my own little blizzard then, isn't it?) )
don't worry, it'll be honey-heavy and hot again before you know it
what's that? oh, don't mind this girl
she has conversations with herself
and one of these nights she'll shrink three inches high
and follow her nutcracker (or the mouse king)
right into the world in the snow-globe
she'll be back though
she'll always be back


it's beginning to feel a lot like christmas...
i know this because at the moment i smell permanantly of cinnamon, nutmeg
and ginger
and have a spiderweb of wrapping paper-cuts on my fingers
i will mostly definately try to write again before christmas... most likely christmas eve before i spin away into the sugar-plum world,
but if not
have a happysafewarmwonderful day
(whether you celebrate christmas or not!)
with the people you love...
and the food you love as well
hee
with mistletoe and sugarplums,
grace
(can you tell i've been listening to a very serious amount of tchaikovsky recently?)


6 comments:

  1. Your new blog is lovely, Grace. I've been thinking a lot about Nutracker Princes too. Have a Merry Christmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how lovely. I love that first photo a lot. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Grace, you are a wonder. This is so lovely and magical; your words remind me of tinsel, all sparkly and exciting. The baubles look very pretty. Have a marvellous christmas, dear. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first photograph is brilliant! I love that you can only just make out the subject. Imagine, living in a snow globe.. your words have a way of making me think and imagine and drift again (off, into an unknown world). Beautiful, just beautiful. I hope you have a Merry Christmas too, dear. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, before I forget I wanted to let you know that I've added your blog link to my blog. Do enjoy your Christmas, m'dear. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is incredible. I do love this post. It feels like christmas even long after the 25th has passed to me

    ReplyDelete

flowers